SilentWind 400 Marine Wind Generator
£1,214.10 – £1,349.10
This highly efficient wind turbine is used on the Volvo Ocean and Open 60 Vende Globe round the world racing yachts due to its light weight and high efficiency.
Available in 12 & 24 versions providing up to 420 Watts!
The SILENTWIND is ultralight and aerodynamic, so that it is possible to connect several wind generators together if your energy demand is high. As noise emission is very low you can operate the SILENTWIND in neighbourhoods, sailing yachts & mobile homes without annoying your neighbours.
The charge controller HYBRID 1000 is suitable for 12 and 24 volt usage and can be connected to the SILENTWIND and solar panels. Another advantage of the SILENTWIND is that it does not have any inbuilt electronics which means that there is hardly any maintenance work on the mounted wind generator. The electric power is led down to the charge controller by 3 cables.
The hand laminated carbon fibre blades have been successfully tested in a wind tunnel up to wind speeds of 35m/s (63 knots) according to DIN EN 61400-2. Therefore you need not worry about the SILENTWIND in any conditions. For maintenancework there is an additional manual stop switch.
It´s certainly an advantage being able to use the renewable energy of both wind and sun combined. One can charge your batteries making use of daylight and wind for 24 hours. The SILENTWIND hybrid charge controller is suitable for both sources, wind power and solar power to a maximum input of 550Wp (40A). You can also charge the batteries of an electric vehicle with this unit.
– Rated voltage 12V, 24V or 48V units available.
– Design-optimization in Silentwind’s own wind-tunnel.
– Permanent magnet-generator with 420 watts output.
– Very good start-up performance due to low cogging torque at 2,2m/s wind speed.
– External hybrid controller for wind and solar energy with multi-function display and integrated electronic/manual stop switch.
– Universal application for light, medium and high winds.
– Hand laminated, UV resistant carbon blades, successfully tested according to DIN EN 61400-2 at hurricane speed 122km / h (5480 rpm, with almost speed of sound at the blade tips). See our video clip of the wind-tunnel test.
– The usual, standard blades from other manufacturers are made from granulate using injection moulding techniques to achieve a faster production time, but lacking the durability especially after UV exposure associated with the potential risk of blade fracture. Silentwind blades are handmade incorporating high tensile carbon fibre mats. This is a more labour intensive process resulting in an optimized blade profile at the lowest possible weight, which combines a very quiet operation, blade longevity and an exceptional safety record.
– Aerodynamic design from aircraft engineering.
– Low noise.
– Durable and low maintenance using external controller and high-quality components.